Tuesday, July 15, 2008

full of inspiration




I had a fabulous trip to Key West. Not only was I able to relax (and get a lot of knitting, crochet, and sewing done) I got to visit with my family, who I miss very much, and get lots of new bag inspirations! I also picked up some really great tropical fabrics at the local craft store. Here is some pictures of the dress I made while there. My Mom and I were watching a marathon of Project Runway the whole time, so I felt unusually stressed while sewing it :) I am sooooo happy with the results!! I am going to do another version with the skirt longer and patchworked batik fabric. I am going to make a few more petite messenger bags and a new style of smaller bags and some backpacks to bring to new hope. I also want to start getting a stock for my etsy store and craft shows. So much to do, so little time.


Tie Dying is still in the working stages. I haven't found a thread that really works for making sewn on designs. I am also thinking I bought to many dark colors (who me?). I need to bite the bullet and get the 3 set DVD on how to do all the different styles of tie dye, since it seems I want to do some more advanced methods.


Well that is all for now. I am happy to be back, but my trip is just what I needed! I feel so recharged and I only have to wait a month to see my Mom and Aunt again!

No comments: