Sunday, June 15, 2008

it is 1am why am I up?

I guess it is because the son has been in-between school and summer camp this week and I wanted to get a few "spongebob" free hours in. We have been very crafty this week (of course) I think he has gotten the craft bug too! He has started sewing, apparently there was a sewing board at his school and he was the only kid who used it. He has a little sewing kit we got him for his last birthday, and he is almost done with the felt cat and I hardly helped him at all. So awsome. We also did some shrinky dinking. I love to let him just draw whatever he wants and shrink them down. We have to make a necklace of all his little stick people. He drew a green one, it is obviously the Hulk, duh Mom! We also did a bit of tie dying. I finally learned how to do it correctly and we bought a kit a few weeks back. The son did a shirt and we both did one for the Dad for fathers day. He loves it, and I was worried he wouldn't.
I sewed up a skirt and got really creative with the tying (pictures to come) and I really love the result. It of course sparked abotu 8 new bag designs. My design brain works way faster than my hands can pump things out.
Next week the son is going to start summer camp for a few days a week. I need to get back down to the studio and get some work done!!! Right now I need to go to sleep.

No comments: