Thursday, April 23, 2015

Byzantine Cowls



I have been away from the blog for too long. In an effort to catch up, here are some close up pictures of the beading I did for the Byzantine Garb that Rose and I made for the Coronation of Persephene and Dionisis. Each collar took about a week of 6-hour days to bead it. The second went faster than the first because I learned from the mistakes of the first. Like do the beaded fringe last so your thread does not get tangled in it when you bead the rest of it.




 
 
Top view of collar for Persephene. She is the Sovereign Queen so she gets to wear the purple.
 
 
 Close up picture

 
Collar for his Grace King Dionysis. Since he is the consort he got less pearls.

 
This took way longer than I thought it would. I watched 2 Ken Burns documentaries and all seasons of Portlandia !!!!
 
 
 
 

No comments: